Sunday 24 February 2013

planting plan 2013

Today I have added the planting plan for 2013 I have tried to keep it simpleIMG_0267 this year and grow less varieties and this year I will only grow what I know will do well.

I am going to do a trail with a giant pumpkin for my children because they want to grow a “massive” pumpkin so they can use it at Halloween as a coach to take them trick or treating (oh to be 5 again!). Plus daddy wants to enter the pumpkin contest at the allotment and try to grow the largest, just for a bit of fun really.

the plan is on the tab at the top of the page

Any way let me know what you think of the plan and what are you growing this year???

4 comments:

  1. So which reason held sway the coach or the can I grow a huge pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit of both sue, my girls are so excited to grow a big pumpkin so I am doing if for them mostly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very organised Stacy. I need to redo my plan after losing most of my brassicas to the pigeons... I've decided to do more peas and beans than last year - they freeze well so I hope to have them all year round. And to try to keep the salad succession going a bit more. And to try a few new and exotic things (cape gooseberries, strawberry spinach, shiso). And...and...and... *hyperventilates with excitement*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to finalise my plan! I like the idea of the pumpkin trail. I might have a go at planting some pumpkins in amongst my flower borders this year, just for a bit of interest. I was really unlucky with them last year though so just hope they grow better this time around.

    ReplyDelete