Friday 9 March 2012

A quick Garlic Update.


My garlic is looking really healthy this year; I planted my garlic last November so was in the ground when we had the cold snap in the beginning of February. It is about 5 inches tall now. This looks like it’s going to be the best crop yet. Last year I didn’t grow it on the allotment instead I grew a few cloves at home but my 2 chickens Hetty & Hilda got to it before it was ready, so when I dug it up the bulbs were too small.

There is now nothing on the plot apart from the garlic so roll on 2012.

more pictures on my Facebook page (link on the right)

7 comments:

  1. It looks great you will be rewarded with GARLICKY GOODNESS I love garlic....so easy so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes roll on 2012 indeed!

    We are putting some garlic in this week! It's late I know, but fingers crossed that it will catch up!

    Martin :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wish the year away too quickly as if it goes quickly at this time of the year it will only go even quicker come spring and summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed. Our garlic is still inside the greenhouse. It look like your going to have a bumper crop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love garlic. I grow Elephant garlic, which I know is closer related to the onion/leek family than garlic, but still. They all have lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love garlic too, it's such a useful ingredient when cooking,

      Delete
  6. It's looking great, I'm sure the cold snap we had will have done it good. I don't grow garlic as we don't use much in cooking.

    ReplyDelete